Monumental long colonnades along the promenade in Krynica-Zdrój are placed just in front of the great edifice of a spa house. They are a great example of Polish Modernist architecture of the interwar period. They were built in 1939 in place of the older “Pod Czarnym Aniołem” guest house and designed by architect Witold Minkiewicz. Currently, the building houses a spa house. However, its arches hide numerous commercial premises. What is more, this is where artists set up their stalls to sell paintings, graphics and carvings.