St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church in Piorunka

Item was added to the planner
Item was removed from the planner
Piorunka
Inside the former wooden St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church (today the Catholic church), in the lower part of an iconostasis, we may see an interesting painting, which depicts a Lemko shepherd with sheep on the background of a mountain landscape. It is a rare example of painting in the Orthodox church, not only inconsistent with the icon-painting canon but also showing a typically secular scene. The Orthodox church in Piorunka, with a typical tripartite structure and bulbous domes on the roofs, was built in 1798, and the iconostasis is more or less 100 years older.

Near places