Intercession of the Theotokos Orthodox Church in Rozdziele

Item was added to the planner
Item was removed from the planner
Rozdziele
Right at the border with Wapienne, much closer than the buildings of the village of Rozdziele, on a large green area we can see a small wooden Orthodox church. Its silhouette with just one, modest bell tower does not resemble Lemko Orthodox churches at all, although is used by a small, Orthodox Lemko community, which returned here after post-war expulsions. Actually, it is not the Lemko Orthodox church – it was built in 1785 in Serednica on the Przemyskie Foothills, from where the Ukrainian population was expelled to the USSR. The unused Orthodox church was transferred to the current place in 1984.

Near places