Barian-Rokicki House in Biecz

Item was added to the planner
Item was removed from the planner
Biecz, ul. Węgierska 2

An original silhouette of the Renaissance Barian-Rokicki house almost completely covers the entrance to the old town, so there is no way to miss it. And it is worth paying attention: crowned with an attic in the form of a battlement, it gives an impression of a defensive structure. This first impression is even increased by the adjacent Radziecka Tower, that is why the building is often referred to as “The House with the Tower”. Currently, it houses the Museum of the Biecz Land and its main exhibition is dedicated to pharmacy – the house was bought in 1557 by Marcin Rokicki who opened here a pharmacy which operated till the end of the 17th century.

Near places