green pastures, on the background of ancient trees, at some distance
from few houses of Bartne, there is a true gem of wooden architecture
– former St. St. Cosmas and...
St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church in Bartne is almost 100
years younger than the other local temple. It was founded as late as
in 1930, which does not diminish its...
Lemko chyże ,
i.e. traditional wooden huts, enchant many tourists with their shape,
as if designed with a view to a gentle landscape of the Low Beskids.
Few of them...
the heart of the valley surrounded by forests and mountains, with the
small village of Bielanka, where many Lemkos live until today, the
beautiful Intercession of the...
Bodaki is a small village lost among the mountains and forests and
having as little as several farms, there are two Orthodox churches
here and both are under the same...
St. Demetrius Orthodox Church in Bodaki is smaller than the other
temple in the village. Actually, it is a larger chapel, built in 1932
or 1934, at the edge of the fields...
former St. Demetrius Orthodox Church in Bogusza
1858 is not the smallest one. The wide nave and smaller chancel with
the tin roofs are crowned with the small turrets...
large as an old Lemko chyża ,
the Nativity of St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is almost
completely shielded by a line of spruces. It is a very modest temple:
we are approaching the Ascension of Jesus Greek Catholic Orthodox
along a lime alley from the parking lot, among the lines of trees we
can only see its vestibule. Nothing...
old parish house in Grybów looks like an idyllic, Old-Polish manor:
white-washed walls, green shutters and a tiny entrance porch with two
bulky stanchions. This small,...
few houses are left in the once large village of Hańczowa,
fortunately the beautiful wooden Intercession of the Theotokos
Orthodox Church, built here in the 1 st...
silhouette of the St. Basil Orthodox Church in Konieczna can be
perfectly visible from the nearby convenient highway leading to the
border with Slovakia. Built in 1903, it...
Królowa Górna, the Nativity of the Theotokos Orthodox Church,
shielded by trees, has crouched modestly just behind a large, new
church which is well visible from afar....
a stone wall, in the shade of centuries-old limes, there is a wooden
temple in Krużlowa. Not everyone will immediately notice its age in
its simple silhouette while the...
former St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church in Krzywa is one of
those temples, which does not resemble the image of a classic Lemko
Orthodox church from the Low...
Kunkowa, a miniature village hidden in the side valley behind the
Pieninki Gorlickie Mountains, the charming St. Luke Orthodox Church
of 1868 has survived until today. The...
shingled domes on the fabulous, hip roofs, higher and higher towards
the sky, crowned with decorative wrought iron crosses, tripartite
silhouette with a tiny chancel,...
wooden St. Luke Orthodox Church in Leszczyny looks most beautifull
when we look at it from the road from Bielanka:then, its silhouette
with a high steeple and three...
Nativity of the Theotokos Church in Libusza is almost contemporary to
the much more famous temple in nearby Sękowa. Just like it, it is
wooden and was built in 1513....
is best to approach the Nativity of the Theotokos Orthodox Church in
Łosie from the side of Maziarska Farm. Then, we enter the area
around the temple through a lovely brick...
wooden temple in Męcina Wielka may be a real mystery for many
visitors: is it a church or an Orthodox church?Actually, both answers
are correct, because it was built in 1807...
a ridge, opposite the towering Mount Jodłowa, right next to a
magnificent new church, in Mogilno there is the small wooden St.
Martin Church. The modest building without a...
the middle of the parish cemetery in Moszczenica, there is an unusual
rotunda. The original, hexagonal shape of the Chapel of Christ in the
Sepulchre in the cemetery is...
we want to reach the Intercession of the Theotokos Orthodox Church in
Owczary, we have to drive along a winding side road to the very end
of the long Beskid valley but our...
we deviate from the main road leading from Gorlice to the Małastowska
Pass, to a small village of Pętna, we will be surprised. Although it
is the small Lemko village,...
order to reach the wooden St. Andrew Church, at first, we have to
walk across a small bridge over the stream and then go under a stone
arch of a small gate. The unique...
Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Przydonica surprises us with
towering tiers of a small turret. The miniature roofs with eaves,
annexed church porch, small windows and...
Ptaszkowa, at the foot a high range of Jaworze, the wooden Holy Name
of Mary Church was built in 1555. This is an impressive building
which differs from other wooden...
St. Michael Church in Ropa dated back to 1761, is a temple which
surprises us with its unusual structure: when standing in front of a
stone wall surrounding the church...
travelling fast along the road via Ropica Górna, just at the road
may notice slender, small turrets crowned with decorative crosses. It
is worth, however, stopping...
impressive wooden St. Andrew Church in Rożnowice is maybe not so
well-known and valuable as the temple in nearby Binarowa, but after
all it is characterised by its...
St. St. Philip and Jacob Church from 1520, standing amidst old limes,
looks like a big shingled tent – with the parts of a steep roof
descending almost to the ground and...
shingled walls and roofs of the St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox
Church in Skwirtne are crowned with, just as it should be in case of
a classic Lemko Orthodox church,...
there any houses in the world which are sweeter than beehives?In the
Beekeeping Museum in Stróże, we can see for ourselves that they are
sweet not only thanks to bees,...
wooden, two-steepled façade of the St. Michael Church in Szalowa
amazes with its shape, which is not typical of wooden temples. With
its two steeples covered with...
is not easy to find the former Nativity of the Theotokos Orthodox
Church, hidden in a narrow valley, in the hamlet of Wólka. Located
on a steep scarp above the stream...
numerous vehicles are constantly driving along the busy road just
next to the wooden St. Adalbert Church, we do not experience it at
all when standing in the shade of...
a small open-air museum in Szymbark, there are wooden rural buildings
transferred from the neighbouring villages. Apart from such places,
it is not common to see in the...
the busy centre of Uście Gorlickie, the stone gates covered with
roofs with small, bulbous crowns lead to an enclave of silence and
concentration. The area around the St....
a beautiful place, on a hill above the Biała Valley, completely
invisible from the road thanks to trees shielding it, there is the
St. Stanislaus Church in Wilczyska, one...
small Intercession of the Theotokos Orthodox Church from the 18 th
century, located in Wołowiec, is one of these Lemko temples, which
come to the minds of those who love...
the village of Zdynia, once large and populous, few holdings have
been left until today. Fortunately, the Intercession of the Theotokos
Orthodox Church, standing below the...
towers, cliffs, caves and boulders, hidden in the beech forest, for
centuries have raised fear among the local population and have become
a part of legends and folk...
who finds themselves in the hamlet of Polanki above Szymbark, high on
the slopes of Mount Maślana, will be surprised to see, in the side
valley of a small stream,...
wild forests of the Low Beskids hide many secrets - one of the more
unusual ones are mysterious ruins of boulders, rock cliffs, natural
towers and pulpits high on the...
walking the blue trail from Łomnica-Zdrój to the Łabowska Pasture,
along the Łomniczanka stream valley, at the distance of 2 km from
the village, up above the valley,...
north slope of Mount Jodłowa (715 m above sea level) above Mogilno
is overgrown with forests. Old fir and beech tree stands are nothing
unusual in the region, but here,...
to the school in Bobowa, attention is drawn by an impressive manor
adjacent to its buildings – almost a small palace. The classical,
elegant façade with a terrace located...
the middle of an old, shady park, far away from the sight of those
travelling along the road from Bobowa to Grybów, an original
historic monument is hidden – the fortified,...
ornamental gate at the road from Gorlice to Konieczna leads to the
nearly magical world. Right behind it, there is the beginning of an
alley leading to a driveway in front...
white silhouette of the castle in Szymbark, located just above the
scarp of the Ropa Valley, is a unique sight in Poland. The
Renaissance building has miraculously survived...
Zagórzany near Gorlice, behind a high wall and Neo-Gothic gate,
there is a neglected landscape park of more than 14 hectares. In the
depth of the park, there is the ruined...
war cemetery No 55, today hidden in a small grove among the fields,
north of Gładyszów, was built in the open field, just like most
other cemeteries established during WWI...
towering hill called Mount Cmentarna (367 m above sea level), which
on the north dominates the centre of Gorlice, in May 1915 was the
area of heavy fights. After the...
the small Wąska street, diverging from the Gorlice marketsquare,
attention is drawn by a storeyed tenement house: from its façade,
passers-by are looked at by the black and...
Pustki Hill rising up over Łużna (446 m) towers over the
neighbourhood, above the village and road leading to Gorlice. It is
not difficult to guess why it was a crucial...
the forest, on the steep slope of the Pustki Hill (446 m above sea
level) over Łużna, in the shade of large beeches, stone monuments
stand, around which tens of wooden...
standing in the parking lot on the Małastowska Pass, we can see a
wooden fence with a gate covered with a triangular roof. At the rear,
on the axis of the gate, we will...
lonely peak of Rotunda (771 m above sea level) is crowned with
amazing wooden structures. These slender towers are a part of the war
cemetery No 51, considered to be the...
war cemetery No 80, founded high above the Sękówka Valley,
surprises with its splendour. Even from afar, when climbing up a
steep narrow path among the fields, we can see...
a flat ridge of the Patria Hill (432 m above sea level), among the
trees, we can see from afar four massive stone pylons. Two of them
are crowned with blades of huge iron...
the road running via Konieczna to the border with Slovakia, on a
wooded ridge of the Beskids, we can see a forest clearing with a
slender tower. This is a reconstructed...
the narrow backstreets of old Biecz, among single-storeyed, often
wooden houses, a little Renaissance tenement house appears
unexpectedly. Built in 1519 by the merchant...
airy doilies, scarves and tablecloths, and even clothes, decorated
with lacy patterns, are one of the symbols of Bobowa. The townlet is
known as a centre of...
white facade with stone window frames, fragments of stone and brick
walls and high, hip roof draws attention with the capital letters of
the motto Vita
brevis, ars longa...
we reach this open-air museum, from afar we will notice a wooden
drilling tower of the former oil mine “Magdalena”. A century ago,
such towers marked the landscape of...
boasts of long traditions of oil extraction – the first mine was
commissioned here as early as in 1856. Unfortunately, the oil
deposits ran out and the mine was closed...
hundred years ago, the Lemkos from Łosie could be met on the roads
not only in the region but also in Moravia, Transylvania and the
Russian Empire lands: they even reached...
a small square above the centre of Ropa, more than eighteen wooden
churches and Orthodox churches stand under the trees! They are,
however, not real buildings but...
and neighbouring Siary are the cradle of the global oil mining. As
early as in 1790, oil was drawn in Sękowa from specially excavated
wells while in 1852, the first in...
large centre with many Hutsul horses.
ski station with a chair lift and piste of 1,400 m.
lift and a piste of 650 m.
indoor swimming pool and outdoor pools.
hostel: camping site, water equipment rental, swimming area,
administered by: Municipal Community Centre in Ropa.
Lasem agri-tourism farm. Owned by Helena and Jan Rotko.
farm. Owned by Jadwiga Korzeń.
entering the old town in Biecz from Gorlice are enchanted by the
panorama of the town, with a silhouette of the collegiate church,
town hall tower and conical roofs of...
original silhouette of the Renaissance Barian-Rokicki house almost
completely covers the entrance to the old town, so there is no way to
miss it. And it is worth paying...
where today Biecz is situated on a hill upon Ropa, centuries ago,
Becz, the bandit knight, freed a girl called Bietka who was to become
a prisoner. When many years later...
a quiet corner out of the way, in the eastern part of the town, just
above the scarp above the Ropa Valley, there is a storeyed school
building. Why, however, is this...
of those visiting the old town market in Biecz is mainly focused on
the Town Hall. But attention of those walking around it will
certainly be drawn by a charming St....
slender silhouette of the collegiate church in Biecz, i.e. the Corpus
Christi parish church, with its Gothic peaks, steep roof and high
belfry, is a symbol of Biecz and a...
the hill of the old town in Biecz, a smaller hill borders from the
east side, surrounded on three sides by the valleys of Ropa and
smaller streams. It was here where one...
the middle ages, every self-respecting town had to protect its wealth
behind solid walls. Back then, Biecz was one of the richest merchant
centres in Małopolska, so it had...
stroll around old Biecz means walking the quiet streets and the
marketsquare where there are small tenement houses, and often
single-storeyed, wooden houses. Thus, an...
the eastern end of the old town, over the scarp delimiting it from
the side of the Ropa Valley, behind small houses and a high fence of
the school playing ground, we can...
green fields and meadows, on a hillside above Bobowa and the Biała
Valley, a narrow path leads through the gate, behind which, in the
shade of trees, we can see many...
the shade of old trees, at the edge of the oldest part of the
townlet, there is the late-Gothic St. Sophia Church from the 2 nd
half of the 15 th
century. The silent...
impressive silhouette of the All Saints’ Church, with its narrow
windows and a polygonally closed chancel with buttresses, brings to
mind the Gothic style. As the main...
synagogue in Bobowa, with a wooden addition with a storeyed porch at
the front reminds of the former world – the part of Bobowa, which
disappeared along with the...
by greenery at the foot of Mount Cmentarna, a bit out of the way,
overgrown with weeds, a Jewish cemetery is hidden. Today, few people
visit it, although sometimes...
is no coincidence that a stone, elegant main façade of the Nativity
of the Theotokos Basilica Church brings to mind the churches in
Italy. Sandstone blocks, illuminated by...
to the busy intersection of ul. Kościuszki and Węgierska, visitors’
attention is drawn by an unusual form of a small shrine. On a bulky,
white pedestal of a thick column,...
marketsquare in Gorlice is a genuine heart of the town and meeting
place for the inhabitants. On warm days, many of them sit eagerly in
café gardens or on stone benches,...
many towns and townlets in Galicia, Grybów was inhabited by a large
Jewish community, until its extermination during WWII. Although the
German occupiers tried to destroy...
the marketsquare in Grybów is crossed by a busy road, it is a
genuine heart of the town. Founded on a sloping hillside, until the
beginning of the 19 th
the buildings of Grybów, towers a slender, exceptionally high
steeple. This is the highest part of the St. Catherine Church, the
main parish temple on the marketsquare in...
order to enter the Sanctuary of Jesus Crucified in Kobylanka, we need
to climb the stairs towards an impressive Baroque gate in the wall.
The wall surrounds the hill in the...
the buildings of the forestry in Zagórzany, established in the
former territories of the extensive property of the Skrzyński family
of counts, an impressive stone cross...
Hostel-Shepherd Hut in Bartne.
lifts in Małastów – Sports and Recreation Centre in Gorlice. In
the Centre, there are 3 ski lifts of 500, 400 and 150 m, with easy
The inn is a part of the “Gładyszów” Hutsul Horse Stud Farm. Along with the Jaśmin inn, named after a wonderful Hutsul stallion, it complements the tourist offer of the centre....
Sękowa-Ski ski lift in Sękowa. One
modern T-bar lift.
The restaurant is located at the “Sądecki Bartnik” Beekeeping Farm owned by Anna and Janusz Kasztelewicz. The motto of of “Sądecki Bartnik” is “Honey – the miracle of nature”....
At the edge of the forest, on the road to Krzywa, in the area of the non-existing village of Banica, an impressive statue stands behind a fence. It commemorates seven Polish...
In the vicinity of the forest overgrowing the top of a hill and covering mysterious rocks, a lower hill rises. On its top, a wooden church appears among the trees. It is located...
The buildings of Łużna are towered over by the spires of steeples. The local parish church boasts of a two-steepled façade and large size. The Neo-Gothic brick basilica was built...
When travelling along the wooded ridge of Magura Wątkowska, we are constantly hidden under the crowns of beeches. We will find only one observation point here. On a small pass...
Almost opposite the church in Ropa, between two small outbuildings, through the gate we can see a large driveway and an elegant columned portico of the manor. This is the...
In Rozdziele, a little out of the road, away from houses, we can see amidst the trees an unusual silhouette of the local Greek Catholic Church. Built at the end of the 18 th ...
Right at the border with Wapienne, much closer than the buildings of the village of Rozdziele, on a large green area we can see a small wooden Orthodox church. Its silhouette with...
When we pass through Sękowa, instead of paying attention, at the very beginning, to the famous wooden St. St. Philip and Jacob Church, we notice the impressive slender Neo-Gothic...
The former Greek Catholic Orthodox church, and today the Catholic church, is a brick temple, built in the so-called Joseph II style in 1818. In order to make it similar to wooden...
Old, stylish oillamps, ancient irons with heaters, yellowed books and prints dating back a hundred and more years... This is just a part of the exhibits in the rich collection of...
Opalówka agri-tourism and organic farm is run by Maria and Zbigniew Opala.
Dom na Łąkach agri-tourism farm is run by Agnieszka and Andrzej Adamkiewicz.
The Cichy Kącik inn is a charming place whose history and tradition date back to 1936. After the outbreak of World War II, it was closed, after the end of the occupation the...
The Gościniec Dworski restaurant in Ropa invites you to taste the best specialties of manorial cuisine. Our offer also includes traditional delicacies of simple Carpathian...
The Sękowski Dwór restaurant, located in a picturesque area of the Low Beskids, is a perfect place to organise a wedding reception. It is situated on a 2-hectare plot with a...
Agri-tourism farm. Owned by Stanisława and Tadeusz Gawlik.
The ski station has 3 lifts: of 350 m, of 350 m and for children.
The ski station offers 3 button lifts of 600, 330 and 120 m as well as pistes of about 2 km.
Rev. Dr Henryk Ostach “Barć” agri-tourism farm and apiary. Owned by Emilia and Jacek Nowak.
Tara hippotherapy and horse-riding centre. Owned by Urszula Kocemba.
Julia agri-tourism farm. Owned by Urszula Łaszczewska.
The facility belongs to the “Jaworze” Parish Sports Club and includes 1 ski lift of 450 m with a piste and 7 km of cross-country ski runs.
Organic farm. Owned by Stefania Pupczyk.
Rope park in the area of the Zacisze Family Holiday Centre.
Horse stud at the Cztery Pory Roku holiday centre
When approaching the former St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church in Banica (now the Catholic Church), among the trees we will see, first of all, bulbous domes covered with...
In no other Orthodox church, will we see so many extremely picturesque, bulbous domes as in the former St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church in Berest!Not only all three parts...
The simplicity of the silhouette of the wooden late-Gothic St. Michael Church in Binarowa, built in 1500, contrasts with the extraordinary wealth of the interior décor. Almost...
Due to numerous reconstructions, the silhouette of the former St. Demetrius Orthodox Church from 1760, today the Catholic Church in Binczarowa, has lost its characteristic Western...
St. Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church in Brunary Wyżne, currently used as the Roman Catholic Church, is characterised by its impressive size. It was built in 1797 in place of...
The small, former St. Demetrius Greek Catholic Orthodox Church in Czarna (now the Catholic Church) is almost a textbook example of a Lemko temple. Built on a hill upon a stream...
When looked at from the road, the former St. Paraskeva Orthodox Church in Czyrna seems to be very impressive. This is, however, misleading as it has been placed on a terrace...
An unusual structure of the church standing in the centre of Kamianna reveals its history – its appearance, modelled on Old Russian Orthodox churches, is totally different from...
The large, wooden St. Adalbert Church in Kąclowa makes an impression of an old building with a long history. Similar, in terms of its architecture and design, to many authentic...
The impressive St. Michael Orthodox Church in Łosie (now a Catholic church) is a typical Western Lemko temple. Hip roofs, covered with tin, over a nave and chancel and a high...
The Intercession of the Theotokos Orthodox Church in Maciejowa, today used by the Catholics, is located a bit out of the way, among numerous trees at the edge of a cemetery. It is...
Inside the former wooden St. St. Cosmas and Damian Orthodox Church (today the Catholic church), in the lower part of an iconostasis, we may see an interesting painting, which...
But for bulbous, small domes over a nave and chancel, the former St. Michael Orthodox Church in Polany would look like a regular Catholic church. Surrounded by a stone wall, the...
Standing on a green slope above the village buildings, the St. Demetrius Orthodox Church in Roztoka Wielka, built in 1819, today the Roman Catholic Church, looks extremely...
The small St. Demetrius Orthodox Church in Śnietnica is located on a hill surrounded by a stone wall, next to the new Catholic church – in the years 1947-97, it was used as a...
Colourful houses, folk figures of saints and shrines, wooden boxes of various sizes painted live colours – these unusual works standing in Kamianna, right behind the Orthodox...
Near the market square in Grybów, an elegant facade can be seen from behind the trees of a small garden. Its Classical simplicity is bolstered by window arches and a columned...
The brick St. Luke Orthodox Church with a slim tower, which currently serves as a Catholic church, towers over the houses of Izby picturesquely scattered in a wide valley at the...
Just off the main road in Kamianna, a wooden pavilion with hexagonal windows draws attention with its amazing architecture. They are about to resemble honeycomb cells, as the...
On the outskirts of the village, just off the road to Uhryń, stone tombstones – Jewish sepulchral steles, suddenly emerge from under the cover of trees on a slope. Łabowa is, in...
A cemetery in Nowica extends on a steep slope over a stream between old trees. Besides modern tombstones, it includes several stone grave crosses from the 19 th century. Above...
Those visiting Paszyn are welcomed by an unusual wooden gate, located just behind a church. On the one hand, it is decorated with slender, somewhat naively presented angels, on...
From the south, this tiny St. Michael Greek Catholic Orthodox Church in Przysłup towers over village houses from a steep slope. Raised originally on the north side of a valley in...
“Brzozowy Lasek” agrotourism farm. Owner: Kazimierz Główczyk.
“Owczarzówka” agrotourism farm. Owners: Dorota and Mieczysław Owczarz.
Bobowa is known as the centre of lace-making, more specifically – of bobbin laces. To learn how such laces are made, as well as to see or even buy ready-made products, you should...
Thanks to the late Father Edward Nitka, Paszyn has its own Centre of Folk Art. For many years, the village has been known from the work of many folk carvers. Mrs. Anna Padoł from...
The Grybów Brewery is located in the eastern part of the town, directly at the road No 28. The first mention of the brewery comes from 1804, but its founder remains unknown. For...
In resort "Wczasy pod gruszą" on Belna Górna in Biecz we offer for rent three wooden cottages. In each cottage on the ground there is a bathroom and a living room with fireplace,...
We offer a rest in luxurious and cozy conditions in a lovely house. It contains 5 rooms, a spacious living room with a fireplace, kitchen and playroom for kids. Every room has own...